Account Manager, Small P&C Commercial Lines
Provide support to Producers during engagements and renewals; and to service the client ensuring retention goals are met by responding promptly and efficiently to requests and needs. Will handle inbound new business opportunities presented by the producers and referrals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage an assigned book of business and build, expand, and solidify relationships with existing clients while focusing on retention of the assigned group of accounts
- Identify and address the client’s needs and drive the sale of additional services and coverages
- Provide friendly and knowledgeable support to each account's Producer, be the first line of contact in their absence, and occasionally accompany them on client visits as requested
- Complete applications in coordination with Producers; utilize carrier-specific websites/agency portals to submit prospective and current clients to eligible and appropriate carriers; follow up to ensure timely receipt of quotations and policies
- Order and issue binders, certificates, policies, endorsement and other related items, verify their accuracy, forward them to the client with appropriate correspondence
- Prepare summaries of insurance and proposals in an accurate, efficient and timely manner
- Verify policy and policy change information, facilitating corrections when necessary
- Assist clients in submitting first report of claims, facilitate prompt response from carrier staff and follow up on claims status according to agency procedures
- Additional and various account manager-related tasks and duties
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license for the state in which you reside; and an acceptable Motor Vehicle Report.
- CISR, CIC and CPCU insurance industry designations (or actively pursuing)
- Agent’s License
- Preferred Education and Experience
- Some sales experience.
- Set priorities and manage work flow to ensure efficient, timely and accurate processing of transactions and other responsibilities.
- Maintain cordial and effective relationship with clients, co-workers, carriers, vendors and other business contacts.
- Interact with others effectively by utilizing good communication skills, cooperating purposefully and providing information and guidance, as needed, to achieve the business goals of the agency.
- Ability to travel approximately 10% of time, or less
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows applications; experience with Applied Epic Agency Management System is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Critical thinking and good judgment to quickly determine and prioritize key issues
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required; with a minimum of one (1) year industry experience as a Small Commercial Lines Account Manager
- Prefer CISR, CIC and CPCU insurance industry designations (or actively pursuing)
- Agent’s License
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; sit for extended periods of time, use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Dillingham provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, genetics or veteran status.