Account Manager, P&C Commercial Lines
Provide support to Producers during engagements and renewals; and to service the client ensuring retention goals are met by responding promptly and efficiently to requests and needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Call on policyholders to deliver and explain policy, to analyze insurance program and suggest additions or changes, or to change beneficiaries.
- Calculate premiums and establish payment method.
- Customize insurance programs to suit individual customers, often covering a variety of risks.
- Sell various types of insurance policies to businesses and individuals on behalf of insurance companies, including automobile, fire, life, property, medical and dental insurance or specialized policies such as marine, farm/crop, and medical malpractice.
- Interview prospective clients to obtain data about their financial resources and needs, the physical condition of the person or property to be insured, and to discuss any existing coverage.
- Seek out new clients and develop clientele by networking to find new customers and generate lists of prospective clients.
- Explain features, advantages and disadvantages of various policies to promote sale of insurance plans.
- Contact underwriter and submit forms to obtain binder coverage.
- Ensure that policy requirements are fulfilled, including any necessary medical examinations and the completion of appropriate forms.
- Confer with clients to obtain and provide information when claims are made on a policy.
- Perform administrative tasks, such as maintaining records and handling policy renewals.
- Select company that offers type of coverage requested by client to underwrite policy.
- Monitor insurance claims to ensure they are settled equitably for both the client and the insurer.
- Develop marketing strategies to compete with other individuals or companies who sell insurance.
- Attend meetings, seminars and programs to learn about new products and services, learn new skills, and receive technical assistance in developing new accounts.
- Manage an assigned book of business and build, expand, and solidify relationships with existing clients while focusing on retention of the assigned group of accounts
- Identify and address the client’s risk/capital management needs and drive the sale of additional services and coverages
- Provide friendly and knowledgeable support to each account's Producer, be the first line of contact in their absence and occasionally accompany them on client visits as requested
- Complete applications in coordination with Producers; submit applications to eligible and appropriate carriers; follow up to ensure timely receipt of quotations and policies
- Order and issue binders, certificates, policies, endorsement and other related items, verify their accuracy, forward them to the client with appropriate correspondence
- Prepare summaries of insurance and proposals in an accurate, efficient and timely manner
- Verify policy and policy change information, facilitating corrections when necessary
- Assist clients in submitting first report of claims, facilitate prompt response from carrier staff and follow up on claims status according to agency procedures
- Additional and various account manager-related tasks and duties as required for
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license for the state in which you reside; and an acceptable Motor Vehicle Report.
- CISR, CIC and CPCU insurance industry designations (or actively pursuing)
- Agent’s License
- Preferred Education and Experience
- Some sales experience.
- Set priorities and manage work flow to ensure efficient, timely and accurate processing of transactions and other responsibilities.
- Maintain cordial and effective relationship with clients, co-workers, carriers, vendors and other business contacts.
- Interact with others effectively by utilizing good communication skills, cooperating purposefully and providing information and guidance, as needed, to achieve the business goals of the agency.
- Ability to travel approximately 15% of time, or less
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows applications; experience with Applied Epic Agency Management System is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Critical thinking and good judgment to quickly determine and prioritize key issues
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required; with a minimum of five (5) years industry experience as a Commercial Lines Account Manager with direct experience in servicing mid-size to large Commercial Property and Casualty clients.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; sit for extended periods of time, use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Dillingham provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, genetics or veteran status.